Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by shahed <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/08/03 18:12:39 UTC

Stock Quote Example

has anyone got the stock quote example to work ?

I went to the URL in stockquoteservice.java, but it returns me an
error.xml.

The i3solutions website creates a cookie before going to the url,
so I guess the asp page checks to see if the cookie is valid and
only then returns a valid stock quote.

The java program does not seem to do any such thing.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks
Shahed.

Re: Stock Quote Example

Posted by shahed <sh...@enoor.com>.

I got it to work. I was entering ?textQuery=ibm instead of ?txtQuery=ibm

However, xml document returns null values for price etc.
I guess that is a problem on the server side ?

Anyway, thats not a soap related problem.

FYI : I get the followimg output for ibm

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<?xml:stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='quotes.xsl'?>
<quotes xmlns='x-schema:quotesSchema.xml'>
<description>Personal Stock Index</description>
<date>1998-10-13T15:56:00</date>
<stock>
<symbol>Add to My Portfolio</symbol>
<price></price>
<change>(NULL)</change>
<percent>(NULL)</percent>
<volume>(NULL)</volume>
</stock> </quotes>

Thanks
Shahed.

Re: Stock Quote Example

Re: Stock Quote Example

Posted by Paul McKernon <p....@aepona.com>.
It works fine on my machine. Even if I type the url into my browser it
still gives me the correct xml document.

(linux red hat & netscape)

Re: Stock Quote Example

Posted by Paul McKernon <p....@aepona.com>.