Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/08/10 19:13:03 UTC

Re: Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor

SGutta@osc.state.ny.us wrote:
> Hi
>

> Stefan Seelmann says :
>
> " it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names
> (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). "
>
> I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

can you provide a TCPDump ? I would be interesting to see what kind of
LDAP request is sent by your client.

> The idea of using '+'  is not possible in my client code since the client
> code is IBM Puma code which cannot be changed by me.
>
> please let me know if there is any way I can resolve this issue?

The first step is to know where is the problem lying : either on the
sent request, or on teh received data. In any case, have you already
tried with another server ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com