Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by gn01887818 <gn...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 09:54:28 UTC

The field name of the query result becomes uppercase

table schema:
CREATE TABLE `Wa` (
 `GameType` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
);

ResultSet rs = conn.createStatement().executeQuery("select GameType from
Wa");

ResultSetMetaData resultSetMetaData = rs.getMetaData();

String name=getMetaData.getColumnLabel(1);

The name here is GAMETYPE, not GameType?

Because I need to take the name to do the processing, but found that the
name of the field defined by tale scheam is different.
Seems to be all uppercase

Do you have any additional settings to do?

Can make
String name=getMetaData.getColumnLabel(1);

name will be the GameType

Thank you

Re: The field name of the query result becomes uppercase

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Are you sure it's Ignite's SQL? Since this statement does not look like
something Ignite will accept.

In Ignite you can use double quotes to specify case-sensitive spelling:
"GameType".

Then I expect identifiers will be considered case-sensitive and will need
to be specified in double quotes.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

No, it's not possible to do because all the fields in Ignite SQL should be
mapped to java fields. However, in java you can do next:

    @QuerySqlField
    private java.lang.String id;
    @QuerySqlField
    private java.lang.String Id;

here id and Id will be different fields. But in H2 SQL engine expects the
case insensitive fields. So one field in SQL could be mapped to two fields
in JAVA. You can see the details in this ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1338 (it closed as won't fix)

BR,
Andrei