Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Lenahan, Peter" <Pe...@ibi.com> on 2010/04/27 20:06:19 UTC

I submitted another attempt to fix this problem.
I include the new BaseParser.java and the patch file.

I had failed to add a check for the case when with a carriage return, new line pair
Normally 0d0a, that it could also be stored as a 0d

I build the entire project from trunk this time, so maybe it will work correctly.

Thanks,
Peter

RE: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-276

Posted by "Lenahan, Peter" <Pe...@ibi.com>.
Andreas,

Thanks for patching this in the Trunk version of the code.
This patch fixes the issue reported, upon thinking about the problem, there is another case which I did not fix.
I don't have a test case for it, but I explained the other potential problem in comments in the project.

Since we don't have a reproduction of the potential problem, I am not sure if we should fix the additional case.

My fix was to test to see if the bracket count was incorrect, however there are 2 characters that can appear on
The next line a '/' or a '>'. My code only tested for the '/'. I realized this while I was in bed thinking about the patch.

I am not sure if we should add the additional test for the '>' character. What do you think?

Maybe leaving it in the comments is good enough and if someone hits the problem again, we will know how to fix it.

Peter