Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 09:14:42 UTC

How to turn off logging in hive

Hi ,

I used following property in the hive-site.xml and I still see that logging
is happening. Can someone please help me to switch off the logging.

    <property>
        <name>log4j.category.DataNucleus</name>
        <value>off</value>
        <description></description>
    </property>

--
Ravi.
*''We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our

Re: How to turn off logging in hive

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks bharat for your response.

but I am still not able to reduce the logging. I tried with the level=ERROR
but still I see a log of INFO and DEBUG log messages.
--
Ravi.
*''We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children.'' PROTECT IT !*

Posted by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com>.
See