Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk> on 2004/05/11 09:50:45 UTC

AXIS_URI_EXTENSION hardcoded

Hi all,

At the moment the URI extension is hard coded in axis transport modules
(ie: apache modules / SimpleAxisServer etc). Because of this it is a
must that if you install Axis with apache you have to have add "/axis"
as the extension in httpd.conf. You cannot have your own extension.
See :

LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis.dll
<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

So this hardcoding is done by line.

#define AXIS_URI_EXTENSION "/axis"

So I suggest that we change Axis code to read this from axis
configuration files (axiscpp.conf).

---
Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.
Office : +94112714385
Mobile : +94777420453

RE: AXIS_URI_EXTENSION hardcoded

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
What about this hard coded entity ?.

#define SOAPACTION_METHODNAME_SEPARATOR "#"

WS-I says that there can be *ANYTHING* in SOAPAction header. But we have
restricted that in Axis it should be.

ServiceName#MethodName

But Axis Java uses the same.

---