Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rita <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 13:17:00 UTC

key byte pattern

ATM, i have a key which is a string.

"Z.1415276116.223232"

Are there any algorithms or design patterns I should follow for something
like this to decrease the key size? Obviously, storing it as a String is
costly was wondering if there was a better way to store something like
this?
BTW, 1415276116.223232 is a epoch second

Re: key byte pattern

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
See http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#keysize

Cheers