Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Mei Yang <ya...@uw.edu> on 2010/12/25 04:09:15 UTC

UIMA 2.3.0 binary does not work for Redhat linux

Dear UIMA developer,

I am interested in using UIMA but I am having problems with both the binary
and source.

I tried to use the binary 2.3.0. After I followed the README to set up
UIMA_HOME and JAVA_HOME and adjusted paths with adjustExamplePaths.sh. Then
I tried to run documentAnalyzer.sh. It did display the window but it also
complaint that

Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.uima.util.impl.SaxDeserializer_impl

The program could not execute any of the functions "Run", "Interactive" and
"View" because of this error.

I've also tried to download the source and compile it at my platform.
Unfortunately I was not able to install Maven correctly due to similar
reasons: there are various packages org.apache.* missing either when using
the binary or when compiling the source code.  I suspect that there is some
basic configuration that is missing from my platform and thus I was not able
to install any software developed with org.apache.*. I am currently using
Java 1.6 and Redhat linux. It would be much appreciated if more information
about UIMA installation can be found on-line.

Thanks,

Mei

Re: UIMA 2.3.0 binary does not work for Redhat linux

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
What JRE is being used? Can you try using a JRE from Sun or IBM?

Eddie