Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/08/19 10:07:28 UTC

Re: svn commit: r432242 - /lenya/trunk/src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/repository/RepositoryManagerImpl.java

andreas@apache.org wrote:
> Author: andreas
> Date: Thu Aug 17 07:06:58 2006
> New Revision: 432242

> Log:
> Allow to delete nodes without locking.

can you explain why this is necessary? imho we should ensure that nodes
are not deleted while another user is editing them...

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: svn commit: r432242 - /lenya/trunk/src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/repository/RepositoryManagerImpl.java

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> andreas@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: andreas
>> Date: Thu Aug 17 07:06:58 2006
>> New Revision: 432242

>> Log:
>> Allow to delete nodes without locking.
>
> can you explain why this is necessary? imho we should ensure that nodes
> are not deleted while another user is editing them...

Basically yes, but that should be up to the usecase. For instance, when
you delete the live version (deactivate usecase), it's not necessary
to lock the repository node if you don't care if someone else published
a new version in the meantime. But of course this can be discussed if
you think that this check should be enabled again.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org