Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/29 22:37:25 UTC

Possibility Running multiple instances of broker on the same machine.

We are currently running a C++ broker on our windows 7 machine using the
following command:

*qpidd --tcp-nodelay --auth=no*

I wanted to know if it will be possible to launch another instance of the
broker on the same machine. I believe we will have to give it a different
port to bind on but then again I am not sure. Any suggestions on how I
could accomplish this?

Thanks

RE: Possibility Running multiple instances of broker on the same machine.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Yes, they are independent.
Good luck,
-Steve

Posted by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I tried this

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 04:37:25PM -0400, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> We are currently running a C++ broker on our windows 7 machine using the
> following command:
>
> *qpidd --tcp-nodelay --auth=no*
>
> I wanted to know if it will be possible to launch another instance of the
> broker on the same machine. I believe we will have to give it a different
> port to bind on but then again I am not sure. Any suggestions on how I
> could accomplish this?

To specify a different port using --port #### to use. However, you'll
also have issues with the lock file created by the broker process. In my
tests for running two parallel processes, even after telling the second
process to use a different location, they both tried to use the same
directory, which may be a bug.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/