Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by nicolae claudius <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/03 14:23:30 UTC

does the windows qpid client library have support for SSL

I want to add SSL support in my qpid client on windows.
On linux I use sslconnector.so module with mozilla security services.

Does the windows qpid client library have support for SSL?
If yes how can I use it? (links, docs, hints)
I am interested in qpid 0.5 mostly, but if you have information for other versions that is OK too.

Thank you.

RE: does the windows qpid client library have support for SSL

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Nicolae,

> I want to add SSL support in my qpid client on windows.
> On linux I use sslconnector.so module with mozilla security services.

Right.

> Does the windows qpid client library have support for SSL?
> If yes how can I use it? (links, docs, hints)
> I am interested in qpid 0.5 mostly, but if you have
> information for other versions that is OK too.

Windows has SSL support in the current dev stream; it's not in 0.5 or
0.6. The instructions for getting it set up are a bit sketchy until I
resolve a jira or two concerning, but here is the basics:

1. You'll need to get the source from subversion and configure it using
cmake. Ensure that during configure, the BUILD_SSL option is checked in
Cmake.

2. Build with MSVC 9 (Visual Studio 2008).

3. Run; the SSL support is compiled into the broker and client if
BUILD_SSL is set at configure; there's no sslconnector plugin.

4. The Windows SSL support uses Windows certificate management, not NSS
or OpenSSL.

If you run into any problems, please ask back here on this list.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org