Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 02:01:04 UTC

[VOTE] SPARK 3.0.0-preview (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
3.0.0-preview.

The vote is open until November 2 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes
are cast, with
a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-preview-rc1 (commit
5eddbb5f1d9789696927f435c55df887e50a1389):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-preview-rc1

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-preview-rc1-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1334/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-preview-rc1-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 3.0.0 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12339177

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.0.0?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.0.0 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target
Version/s" = 3.0.0

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 3.0.0-preview (RC1)

Posted by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
I was trying to avoid changing the version names and revert the changes on
master again. But you are right it might lead to confusions which release
script is used for RC2, I'll follow your advice and create a new RC2 tag.

Thanks!

Xingbo

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Xingbo.

Posted by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dongjoon for reporting this issue, I checked and it seems like the
release script would use the `SPARK_VERSION` instead of that specified in
`version.py`, thus it's not able to generate a pyspark release tarball. I
submitted a PR (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/26306) to propose a
workaround of the issue. Please review and decide whether it is feasible.

Thanks again!

Xingbo

Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月29日周二 下午8:17写道:

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.