Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com> on 2009/04/26 05:49:39 UTC

Error handing in axis2

Hi,
I am using axis2 to expose POJO as services. In case of an error I throw an custom exception. The pojo methods returns a string. When I was using axis1.2.1 the return was set to void. I had to change that to String to avoid inonly  error I kept getting. I could not find a solution to that problem so I decided to return string when I upgrdaded to axis2. In case of an exception on the client side now I am getting org.apache.axis2.AxisFault  with SOAP heading missing as message instead of my custom exception which has some custom variables. I am using rampart to do basic auth using username token. Am I doing something wrong or approaching it incorrectly. I would really appreciate any help/pointers.
Thanks
Sanjay

RE: Error handing in axis2

Posted by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com>.
Hi,
After removing <sp:IncludeTimestamp/> from the policy I am no longer getting MIssing SOAP Header error. But I don't get my custom exception which has two extra field for errorno and errormessage. I just get org.apache.axis2.AxisFault which does have my message but I would like to have my custom exception.
Thanks
Sanjay