Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Brian Noyes <bn...@mail.DigitalAccess.com> on 2001/07/10 20:33:00 UTC

Cross program calls from Tomcat/Apache servlet

Anyone got a recommendation for the best approach to invoke a method on
another running Java program from inside a servlet that receives SOAP
messages on Apache?

The scenario is that we have Tomcat running, and invoke a soap method in our
servlet. In response to that method call, we want to call a method on
another Java program that is running on the server (implementing an event
channel back to the client).

What is the best way to call out from a servlet into another running Java
program on the same machine? RMI?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Cross program calls from Tomcat/Apache servlet

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Brian Noyes wrote:

> Anyone got a recommendation for the best approach to invoke a method on
> another running Java program from inside a servlet that receives SOAP
> messages on Apache?
>
> The scenario is that we have Tomcat running, and invoke a soap method in our
> servlet. In response to that method call, we want to call a method on
> another Java program that is running on the server (implementing an event
> channel back to the client).
>
> What is the best way to call out from a servlet into another running Java
> program on the same machine? RMI?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

RMI can be very simple and fast, I would certainly recommend it.

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/

Re: Cross program calls from Tomcat/Apache servlet

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Posted by Danh Hoai <ho...@indent.org>.
Hi,

I think using JAXM tool from Sun is very good to send message and attachment
You can download this tool by clicking on following link:
http://developer.java.sun.com/servlet/SessionServlet?url=http://developer.ja
va.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/

Then try to use the receiver/sender in the simple folder.

Danh Hoai

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
Brian,

How about JMS.