Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com> on 2005/05/30 10:41:47 UTC

[users@httpd] apache problem

hello,

to everybody, we are new: Mike Roland in Carcassonne.
(and at once coming with a problem)

we are long time working with apache2 version 2.0.43 (Win32) without any
problems. We use apache as our local server to make run our 4 internet-sites
port 80,81,82,83 etc.
So far no problem.

We have now installed an internet telephone-service by SKYPE. This program
is started by windows at windows-start same like apache2.

When we want to access our internet-sites for example the one on port 80,
apache2 hangs long time until opening the site.

We get the following error messages:

apache log file says:
[Mon May 30 00:20:21 2005] [notice] Parent: Created child process 444
[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Child process is running
[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Acquired the start mutex.
[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Starting 250 worker threads.

windows xp pro (german) says:

TCP/IP hat das Sicherheitslimit erreicht, das für die Anzahl gleichzeitiger
TCP-Verbindungsversuche festgelegt wurde.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter

(translation: TCP/IP has reached the safety-limit, which is fixed for the
TCP-Connection tries at same time)

Asd soon as we stop SKYPE program, apache is working as normal as before.

So the problem seems to be tha fact, that SKYPE and apache have problems in
accessing ports ??

Thank you very much for a helping tip.

Cheers mike

Re: [users@httpd] apache problem

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
Hi

Yes, the skype uses port 80 as apache2. You should disable skype or
change it's port to some other

OR

Change your virtualhost's port 80 to some other.

[users@httpd] Routing \ Apache Question

Posted by Jonathan Visser <jv...@vissertech.com>.
I am pretty sure this is not an apache problem, but wanted to see if anyone
has dealt with this and if there is a solution.  I have a netopia 3546
modem\router and when I use the NAT feature my apache server will no longer
serve up my pages according to the virtual host configuration.

I am running Apache/2.0.53 on a Win2000 box.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Jonathan

AW: [users@httpd] apache problem

Posted by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com>.
In the skype configuration I didn't find anything helping. There is an
option to switch off port 80 for return messages from skype, but that didn#t
change anything.

in fact the tip from alexander helped me. Here's what he said:

"""" I assume you installed SP2 for XP, right?
In this case, this is most probably caused by the TCP restrictions
introduced with SP2. Microsoft implemented them to slow down spread rates of
worms. Have a look at http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497
for more information on this topic, as well as a "workaround".
Alexander""""

thanks for responding

cheers mike

Posted by Abu Hurayrah <ab...@almaghrib.org>.
Mididoc Productions wrote:

>hello,
>
>to everybody, we are new: Mike Roland in Carcassonne.
>(and at once coming with a problem)
>
>we are long time working with apache2 version 2.0.43 (Win32) without any
>problems. We use apache as our local server to make run our 4 internet-sites
>port 80,81,82,83 etc.
>So far no problem.
>
>We have now installed an internet telephone-service by SKYPE. This program
>is started by windows at windows-start same like apache2.
>
>When we want to access our internet-sites for example the one on port 80,
>apache2 hangs long time until opening the site.
>
>We get the following error messages:
>
>apache log file says:
>[Mon May 30 00:20:21 2005] [notice] Parent: Created child process 444
>[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Child process is running
>[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Acquired the start mutex.
>[Mon May 30 00:20:22 2005] [notice] Child 444: Starting 250 worker threads.
>

>windows xp pro (german) says:
>
>TCP/IP hat das Sicherheitslimit erreicht, das für die Anzahl gleichzeitiger
>TCP-Verbindungsversuche festgelegt wurde.
>
>Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
>(translation: TCP/IP has reached the safety-limit, which is fixed for the
>TCP-Connection tries at same time)
>

>Asd soon as we stop SKYPE program, apache is working as normal as before.
>
>So the problem seems to be tha fact, that SKYPE and apache have problems in
>accessing ports ??
>

>Thank you very much for a helping tip.
>

>Cheers mike

You might look into your SKYPE configuration - I haven't used it myself,
but read the documentation and check out what SKYPE does to available
ports and resource usage.

 From the looks of it, Apache SEEMS to be starting an awful lot of