Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 15:28:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: r312875 - in /maven/components/trunk/maven-plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin: ./ src/main/resources/ src/test/java/ src/test/java/org/ src/test/java/org/apache/ src/test/java/org/apache/maven/ src/test/java/org/apache/maven/re

Hi Vincent

> Log:
> First implementation of report testing (See the following thrad http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg31289.html

great work, I think this could be useful for other reporting plugins
as well, not only for the project info reports: what about moving the
AbstractMavenReportTestCase to a separate module so that can be reused
across projects?

fabrizio

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Vincent Siveton wrote:

>>as well, not only for the project info reports: what about moving the
>>AbstractMavenReportTestCase to a separate module so that can be reused
>>across projects?
>>

>Yes it will be great and useful :)
>Brett, any thoughts?

Yes, I think so. Looking at this, I have a couple more thoughts:
- forking the new m2 instance results in using an old project-info
reports plugin (as the current one isn't passed in). we need to resolve
this before re-enabling the tests
- I'd prefer not to be forking Maven, but instead just running the
reports using .generate().

I'm going to take a look at this now...

- Brett

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabrizio,

> > Log:
> > First implementation of report testing (See the following thrad
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg31289.html
>
> great work, I think this could be useful for other reporting plugins

Thanks for your comment.

> as well, not only for the project info reports: what about moving the
> AbstractMavenReportTestCase to a separate module so that can be reused
> across projects?

Yes it will be great and useful :)
Brett, any thoughts?

Thanks,