Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2019/01/11 19:27:17 UTC

Porting of Contribution Testing Guide page from website to Wiki (Precommit issue)

Hello,

I have ported the Contribution Testing Guide to the confluence Wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Contribution+Testing+Guide>.
(original page <https://beam.apache.org/contribute/testing/>)
And I have sent out a PR <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/7486> to link
the old website page to the new page (see attached screenshot)

I just wanted to run this by the mailing list as well. If anyone would like
to review the new page's styling, navigation, double check the contents,
etc. Please take a look to review and we can hold off on merging the PR to
remove it from the website until you approve it as well.

Thanks for taking a look,
Alex

Also, I am having an odd precommit issue
<https://scans.gradle.com/s/hwkrhu2mhpurk/console-log?task=:beam-website:serveWebsite>
around building the website. I am not sure what's causing it

:beam-website:serveWebsite FAILED
`/` is not writable.
Bundler will use `/tmp/bundler/home/unknown' as your home directory
temporarily.
Configuration file: /repo/website/_config.yml
Source: /repo/website/src
Destination: /repo/build/website/_site
Incremental build: enabled
Generating...
done in 8.081 seconds.
Auto-regeneration: enabled for '/repo/website/src'
Configuration file: /repo/website/_config.yml
Server address: http://0.0.0.0:4000/
Server running... press ctrl-c to stop.
Regenerating: 1 file(s) changed at 2019-01-11 11:15:41
...done in 0.909759318 seconds.
Regenerating: 1 file(s) changed at 2019-01-11 11:16:14
...done in 1.041903931 seconds.
Regenerating: 1 file(s) changed at 2019-01-11 11:16:34
...done in 0.983254856 seconds.
Regenerating: 1 file(s) changed at 2019-01-11 11:17:17
...done in 1.032795653 seconds.
[image: SA6ki37acQu.png]

Re: Porting of Contribution Testing Guide page from website to Wiki (Precommit issue)

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Sweet, thanks! I'm all for this. It makes sense for this sort of detailed
non-user-facing stuff to live on the Wiki. Less likely to get stale; easier
for folks trying it out to fix.

Kenn