Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mike_R <Mi...@gmx.net> on 2007/10/28 14:40:42 UTC

T5: Locale and SEO

Hi all,

While migrating a tap4 webapp to tap5, I've come across the following
difference: locale changes are not reflected in the URL. This prevents
Google from indexing translated pages, which is not good.

I used the excellent
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToChangeLocale
Tapestry5HowToChangeLocale  to support my 2 locales. Maybe there's another
way? Preferably resulting in some kind of '/start/en' URL.

regards,
Mike

Re: T5: Locale and SEO

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
Sounds like you want the locale to be part of the context for your page. You
could add it to your context by returning it from onPassivate.

Josh

On 10/28/07, Mike_R <Mi...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While migrating a tap4 webapp to tap5, I've come across the following
> difference: locale changes are not reflected in the URL. This prevents
> Google from indexing translated pages, which is not good.
>
> I used the excellent
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToChangeLocale
> Tapestry5HowToChangeLocale  to support my 2 locales. Maybe there's another
> way? Preferably resulting in some kind of '/start/en' URL.
>
> regards,
> Mike

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.