Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1997/07/21 21:26:46 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache/src Makefile.nt

Alexei Kosut wrote:

> akosut      97/07/21 12:13:02
>
>   Modified:    src       Makefile.nt
>   Log:
>   Clean up Makefile.nt a little.

There's a reason for using _release rather than release: VC++ tends to
use release/debug for the directories for .obj and such by default, so
using a name that doesn't collide with those makes things more likely to
work.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk

Re: cvs commit: apache/src Makefile.nt

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > > Hmm. Valid point. What do you suggest we do? I don't particuarly like
> > > having the underscore in the name, especially in both.
> >
> > Call 'em deb and rel?
>
> Maybe. How about apached and apacher, to match installd/installr and
> cleand/cleanr?

Good plan.

Cheers,

Ben.