Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David O'Connor <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/03 10:27:11 UTC

KSTREAM basics

I apologise if this query is trivial, but if I set up a Kafka stream to read from a KTABLE, will the stream contain both of the following?
(I) all rows in the table that match the selection criteria when the stream is created,
(2) any new rows written to the table while the stream is running.

Regards,

Dave O’Connor

Sent from my iPhone

Re: KSTREAM basics

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey David,

if you are talking about calling toStream() on KTABLE, from the java doc:

*Note that this is a logical operation and only changes the
"interpretation" of the stream, i.e., each record of     * this changelog
stream is no longer treated as an updated record*

So the answer is yes to both 1) and 2) if you start up with a KTABLE
calling toStream().

Boyang