Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com> on 2009/03/11 09:58:12 UTC

Solr 1.3; Data Import w/ Dynamic Fields

Good morning,

I reviewed a Solr Patch-742, which corrects an issue with the data import
process properly ingesting/commiting (solr add xml) document with dynamic
fields.

Is this fix available for Solr 1.3 or is there a known work around?

Cheers,
Wesley

Re: Solr 1.3; Data Import w/ Dynamic Fields

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Solr 1.3; Data Import w/ Dynamic Fields

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

Re: Solr 1.3; Data Import w/ Dynamic Fields

Posted by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com>.
I was successful at distributing the Solr-1.4-DEV data import functionality
within the Solr 1.3 war.

1. Copy the data import’s src directory from 1.4 to 1.3.
2. Made sure to used the data import’s build.xml already existing in Solr
1.3
3. Commented out all code within #SolrWriter.rollback method
4. Commented out the following import statements from #SolrWriter
#import org.apache.solr.update.RollbackUpdateCommand;
5. Copied required libraries for logging from 1.4/lib to 1.3/lib
slf4j-api-1.5.5.jar
slf4j-jdk14-1.5.5.jar

I was planning on replacing the Solr 1.4 logging scheme to the style in Solr
1.3, but that was unnecessary work.

Continuing my testing with this customized distributing.

Thanks again,
Wesley.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.

--
--Noble Paul

Re: Solr 1.3; Data Import w/ Dynamic Fields

Posted by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com>.
I attempted a backport of Patch-742 on Solr-1.3.  You can see the results
below with Hunk failures.

Is there specific  method to obtain a list of patches may that occurred
specific to the data import functionality prior to PATCH-742.  I suppose I
would need to ensure that these specific data import files
(DataImporter.java, DataConfig.java and DocBuilder.java) are at the correct
revision before applying PATCH-742.

-sh-3.1$ pwd
/home/smallwes/projects/solr/downloads/apache-solr-1.3.0

-sh-3.1$ patch -p 0 -i ../SOLR-742.patch --dry-run
patching file
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ataImporter.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 95.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 112.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 123.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 189 (offset -5 lines).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 227.
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ataImporter.java.rej
patching file
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ataConfig.java
Hunk #3 FAILED at 130.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 145.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 158.
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ataConfig.java.rej
patching file
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ocBuilder.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 331.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 368.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 402.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 580 (offset 1 line).
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/D
ocBuilder.java.rej

Regards,
Wesley.

Posted by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com>.