Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by simojenki <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 17:18:46 UTC

migrating from SimpleStrategy to NetworkTopologyStrategy

Hi,

Is there any documentation on what the procedure for migrating from
SimpleStrategy to NetworkTopologyStrategy?

thanks

Simon

Re: migrating from SimpleStrategy to NetworkTopologyStrategy

Posted by Ravikumar Govindarajan <ra...@gmail.com>.
We tried this route previously. We did not run repair at all {our use-cases
don't need a repair} but while adding a secondary data center, we were
forced to run repair. It ended up exploding the data.

We finally had to start afresh, scrapped the cluster and re-import the data
with NTS. Now, whether we require repair or not, we are running it
regularly!!!

I feel that it should be alright to migrate to NTS, if you run repairs
regularly and keep the cluster healthy.

Regards,
Ravi

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.