Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/10 17:58:54 UTC

4.0: what was property-specification

In 3.0 we did a property-specification for each property in the Java file
and declared a type, etc. The property-specification tag went way, obviously
in 4.0. In fact, It would seem that you don't need to do anything similar in
4.0 for it to all work. Is this correct? Should I still be specifying a
<property> with a persist attribute for the page? Like I said, it works
without it. I am still able to call my abstract getXXXX method and it gives
me the appropriate value from a ValidField.

Gregg

Re: 4.0: what was property-specification

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Any simple abtract properties in the page or component that are not
otherwise accounted for will be turned into transient page properties.
 If you want them to be persistent, then you must add the <property>
element to the specification.

On 5/10/05, Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But if it works without it and you don't care about the persistant strategy,
> then I don't need it, right? I mean, it working without it not a bug.
>
> Gregg
>
> On 5/10/05, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > On May 10, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Gregg D Bolinger wrote:
> >
> > > In 3.0 we did a property-specification for each property in the
> > > Java file
> > > and declared a type, etc. The property-specification tag went way,
> > > obviously
> > > in 4.0. In fact, It would seem that you don't need to do anything
> > > similar in
> > > 4.0 for it to all work. Is this correct? Should I still be
> > > specifying a
> > > <property> with a persist attribute for the page? Like I said, it
> > > works
> > > without it. I am still able to call my abstract getXXXX method and
> > > it gives
> > > me the appropriate value from a ValidField.
> >
> > The differences that I know of are that you don't specify a type and
> > persist="session" is used instead of the 3.0 "yes" value - this is to
> > allow different persistence strategies in the future.
> >
> > Erik

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 4.0: what was property-specification

Posted by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.