Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/06/28 20:58:24 UTC

service engine default max-retries

Hi everybody.

Something else I noticed is that the serviceengine.xml has a

failed-retry-min="3"

but no failed-retry-max attribute.  Would it be nice to have a
default-retry-max?  Right now it seems there is no max, so unless one
is set for the service individually, the system keeps running them
over and over again.

Si

Re: service engine default max-retries

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@ofbiz.org>.
I don't know if this is a good idea. In essence with it you are saying that the service is not important enough to make sure it goes through, or stays in the queue until someone takes care of it. While important to support that, I don't know that we want to have it be the default behavior...

-David

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Andy