Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@itaw.hu-berlin.de> on 2004/06/04 15:46:50 UTC

Hello,

I haven't seen my cvs commit messages or bugzilla changes on the
list (:-( don't know why?), thats why I summarize my last changes.

I have done changes to resolve the issues 3925 and 28249 using the
new nice event mechanics of slide.

To update the DAV: properties displayname, owner and etag while
copy and move actions I have written a MarcoListener which is to
be registered by adding the following to the events section of
the domain.xml.

   <event classname="org.apache.slide.event.MacroEvent" enable="true"/>
   <listener classname="org.apache.slide.macro.MacroPropertyUpdater">
     <!-- Listener that updates some properties if resources are
          copied or moved -->
     <configuration>
       <!-- changes the display name to the "filename" of the resource -->
       <update-displayname>true</update-displayname>
       <update-etag>true</update-etag>
       <update-owner-on-move>false</update-owner-on-move>
       <update-owner-on-copy>true</update-owner-on-copy>
     </configuration>
   </listener>

Are there any other properties that should change while copy or move?

Regards, Stefan

|                                            |
|  Stefan Lützkendorf                        |
|                                            |
|  Institut für Terminologie und             |
|  angewandte Wissensforschung (itaw) GmbH   |
|                                            |
|  Sitz: Georgenstr. 35                      |
|        10117 Berlin                        |
|  Tel.: ++49 (030) 30 86 20 84              |
|  Fax : ++49 (030) 30 86 20 87              |
|                                            |

Re: Summary: Changing properties on COPY or MOVE

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> Great!
>
> Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I haven't seen my cvs commit messages or bugzilla changes on the
>> list (:-( don't know why?), thats why I summarize my last changes.
>

> Subscribe to the list with your ...@apache.org adress as only subscribed
> users are allowed to post. Right now the commit messages should be in
> the moderation queue of either Remy or Martin Holz (depending on which
> one currently is moderator) ...
>
>> I have done changes to resolve the issues 3925 and 28249 using the
>> new nice event mechanics of slide.
>>
>> To update the DAV: properties displayname, owner and etag while
>> copy and move actions I have written a MarcoListener which is to
>> be registered by adding the following to the events section of
>> the domain.xml.
>>
>>   <event classname="org.apache.slide.event.MacroEvent" enable="true"/>
>>   <listener classname="org.apache.slide.macro.MacroPropertyUpdater">
>>     <!-- Listener that updates some properties if resources are
>>          copied or moved -->
>>     <configuration>
>>       <!-- changes the display name to the "filename" of the resource -->
>>       <update-displayname>true</update-displayname>
>>       <update-etag>true</update-etag>
>>       <update-owner-on-move>false</update-owner-on-move>
>>       <update-owner-on-copy>true</update-owner-on-copy>
>>     </configuration>
>>   </listener>
>

> Why not add the configuration to the default Domain.xml?

Sorry, have just noticed it is already there, so forgot about it...

Oliver

Re: Summary: Changing properties on COPY or MOVE

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Great!

Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't seen my cvs commit messages or bugzilla changes on the
> list (:-( don't know why?), thats why I summarize my last changes.

Subscribe to the list with your ...@apache.org adress as only subscribed
users are allowed to post. Right now the commit messages should be in
the moderation queue of either Remy or Martin Holz (depending on which
one currently is moderator) ...

> I have done changes to resolve the issues 3925 and 28249 using the
> new nice event mechanics of slide.
>
> To update the DAV: properties displayname, owner and etag while
> copy and move actions I have written a MarcoListener which is to
> be registered by adding the following to the events section of
> the domain.xml.
>
>   <event classname="org.apache.slide.event.MacroEvent" enable="true"/>
>   <listener classname="org.apache.slide.macro.MacroPropertyUpdater">
>     <!-- Listener that updates some properties if resources are
>          copied or moved -->
>     <configuration>
>       <!-- changes the display name to the "filename" of the resource -->
>       <update-displayname>true</update-displayname>
>       <update-etag>true</update-etag>
>       <update-owner-on-move>false</update-owner-on-move>
>       <update-owner-on-copy>true</update-owner-on-copy>
>     </configuration>
>   </listener>

Why not add the configuration to the default Domain.xml?

Cheers,

Oliver

Re: Summary: Changing properties on COPY or MOVE

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@itaw.hu-berlin.de>.
Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
>
>>       <update-etag>true</update-etag>
>

> What is this good for?
It updates the DAV:getetag property. It was requested in issue 3925.

Now I have seen that this property is updated in the webdav layer
(i.e. in CopyMethod etc.), so we can drop this here, I think.

Stefan.

Re: Summary: Changing properties on COPY or MOVE

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.