Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Gokul P. Nair" <gp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/15 22:45:25 UTC

call to Apache::Cookie causes a segfault (11), please help!

A simple call to set_login_cookie.html from a browser
causes a segmentation fault and generates the
following message in my apache error log:

[notice] child pid xxxxx exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

set_login_cookie.html:
hello

<%init>
 my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new
     ( $r,
       -name  => 'tapeonline_user_login',
       -value => 123456,
       -path  => '/'
     );
 $r->headers_out->add('Set-Cookie'=>$cookie);
</%init>

calls to any other webpage on my webserver works
perfectly fine. and yes, i have tried
$r->err_headers_out->add('Set-Cookie'=>$cookie) too,
still no luck. i've also read somewhere that
Apache::Cookie's bake() method is buggy.

i'm at my wits end. do u know what i could be doing
wrong?

i'm using apache 2.0.53, mod_perl 2.0-rc4 and
html::mason 1.28 on a debian 3.0 system.

Thanks in advance.

Gokul

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: call to Apache::Cookie causes a segfault (11), please help!

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 17:18 -0400, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Gokul P. Nair wrote:
>
> >A simple call to set_login_cookie.html from a browser
> >causes a segmentation fault and generates the
> >following message in my apache error log:
> >
> >[notice] child pid xxxxx exit signal Segmentation
> >fault (11)

Are you passing Apache::Cookie the Apache2::RequestRec object, or an
Apache::Request object?

It was segfaulting for me when I was using an Apache::Request object,
and works fine with an Apache2::RequestRec object.  I found this on a
mailing list, but it isn't documented in the Apache::Cookie docs.

This is a change from how it worked in modperl 1.

Clinton Gormley clinton@traveljury.com

www.TravelJury.com - For travellers, By travellers

Re: call to Apache::Cookie causes a segfault (11), please help!

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Gokul P. Nair wrote:

>A simple call to set_login_cookie.html from a browser
>causes a segmentation fault and generates the
>following message in my apache error log:
>
>[notice] child pid xxxxx exit signal Segmentation
>fault (11)

Could you provided a gdb strack trace ?

--
END