Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kenneth Howe <kh...@pivotal.io> on 2016/09/09 20:40:03 UTC

Gfsh Command enhancement - show missing-disk-stores

GEODE-1128 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-1128> requests the addition of missing colocated region information to the gfsh show missing-disk-stores command. This is of course doable, however with additional information not directly related to disk stores, the command name would be misleading. You may have missing colocated regions without missing disk stores, or the converse, missing stores without missing regions.

So my question is: Should the command be renamed to better indicate the types of information reported? While working on this Jira, I have been using the new command name ‘show persistent-recovery-failures’. (Please suggest a better name!)

Alternatives to renaming the command are
1) Do nothing with the command name. Add the missing colocated region information, but leave the command name as is.
2) Add a new command with both missing disk stores and missing colocated regions, and leave the existing missing-disk-stores command as is.

Looking for a consensus on the best approach.

Thanks,
Ken Howe

Re: Gfsh Command enhancement - show missing-disk-stores

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for a single command

I'm ok with keeping the old command name and just having it show more info.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.