Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by David Shane Holden <dp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/27 01:15:11 UTC

[patch] common.xsl

This patch does three things...

1. Prints out 'Summary' at the top of <manualpage> pages.
2. Transforms <seealso> tags within a <manualpage>.
3. Move's an <hr/> tag to keep the consistantcy.

Also included is manual/bind.html.en converted to xml.  It's
setup with Vincent's recomendation to use relativepath instead
of relative-path.

Shane

RE: Migrated env.xml, filter.xml, and handler.xml

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Vincent de Lau wrote:

> [...]

I'd say only print an index if there is more than one section, as in
<xsl:if test="count(section) > 1"> or something to that effect.

> I'll look into both issues and send a patch within a day.

Great.  Although I think I already fixed the <modulelist> problem.

Joshua.

RE: Migrated env.xml, filter.xml, and handler.xml

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Vincent de Lau wrote:
> Here is the patch for the second.

Committed.  Thanks.

Joshua.

RE: Migrated env.xml, filter.xml, and handler.xml

Posted by Vincent de Lau <vi...@delau.nl>.

Okay, two days ;) Been busy soldering cables for the local youth centre. The
kind of work that you think is routine, but still you make the same mistake
every now and then: you forget to put the strain relief on and discover it
when you are done soldering :(

I've noticed the first problem being comitted already.

Here is the patch for the second.

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl

RE: Migrated env.xml, filter.xml, and handler.xml

Posted by Vincent de Lau <vi...@delau.nl>.

Vincent

Re: Migrated env.xml, filter.xml, and handler.xml

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Vincent de Lau wrote:

> As promised, attached three migrated docs.

Committed.

A few things I noted in the process:

Posted by Vincent de Lau <vi...@delau.nl>.
As promised, attached three migrated docs.

I also included a file that I use as a template. Might be usefull.

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl

RE: [patch] common.xsl

Posted by Vincent de Lau <op...@delau.nl>.

Nice patch, covers some isseus I discovered while trying to work with it.
Style wise, I liked the <hr/> after the summary and index (and see also). It
gives you a clue where the body text starts.

The <hr/> after the body text can stay though.

> Also included is manual/bind.html.en converted to xml.  It's
> setup with Vincent's recomendation to use relativepath instead
> of relative-path.

That is nice. Some other issues:
- The summary element should contain block tags, surround the text with p
tags
- The seealso elements should be right after the summary

The XSLT processor won't argue with you, but a XML validator will.

Vincent