Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/11 12:45:03 UTC

Re: Scanning for annotated classes in MyFaces 2

Fwik Javassist uses a Mozilla Public License 1.1 not a pure LGPL (though I've not checked explicitly for the javassist version we use).

MPL 1.1 is explicitly listed as appropriate license at least.

Maybe we can kick scannotation, and do the scanning ourself (in a later phase). But Javassist is imho a big deal, because we don't need to class-load all classes.
Otoh I have to admit that I've never did any performance/memory tests comparing them both.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Yep, I should have checked the original statement. The javassist website
here:
  http://www.jboss.org/javassist/
states clearly that:
<quote>
License: You can choose either MPL or LGPL.
</quote>

Surprising for a jboss project, but the website clearly says so.

The MPL is no problem. So using Scannotation is also fine.

I'm still not convinced that adding a 560kb dependency for such a simple task is optimal, but simply getting *any* solution in place for myfaces is better than doing multiple scans. It can always be further improved later..

Regards, Simon