Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Mikael Ekblom <mi...@arcada.fi> on 2017/11/01 09:34:30 UTC

Question regarding resource assignment through groups

Hi,

We are quite close now to the actual deployment of our solution based on Syncope. It has been quite a search for the right implementations. Anyhow, I noticed that if you had assigned an external resource to a group for provision purposes and then removed this same resource again from the assigned group, then the dynamic rules for the group membership were also removed at the same time. We were quite surprised by this when we saw very different results between runs and noticed that well, users were not part of that group anymore and thus not assigned to the external resource as a consequence of that.

Is this really part of the implementation as a reaction to the change of assigned external resources?

Regards,

      Mikael

Mikael Ekblom
Systemutvecklare/System developer
Arcada, IT

Jan-Magnus Janssons plats 1,
FIN-00560 Helsingfors,
Finland

TFn: +358 207 699 467
Mobil: +358 207 699 467

Re: Question regarding resource assignment through groups

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi Mikael,
bug confirmed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1235

Thanks for reporting.
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

RE: Question regarding resource assignment through groups

Posted by Mikael Ekblom <mi...@arcada.fi>.
Hi,

Now I got it reproduced.  I created a group arcadaTest and assigned this group to a resource, resource-testdb within your test environment. Everything went smooth. After that, I then went via the logical interface/user interface and performed an unlink of the assigned resource from the arcadaTest group. When I edited the group itself after that operation, I noticed that the dynamic rule was gone.

Maybe I could see some logic to that, but then again maybe not…☺ I think that group membership dynamic rules should be preserved even though we are un-assigning a resource?

Regards,

  Mikael

Mikael Ekblom
System developer