Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2006/03/06 16:16:20 UTC

[M2] Trouble getting mirrors to work

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up Maven 2 to work with mirrors of the IBiblio
repository and I don't think it is working.

I have my mirrors defined in settings.xml, but when I run mvn compile on
my project, it doesn't seem to contact any of the mirrors.

Do I need to specify a switch for the mirrors to be utilized or am I
missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Elliot

Here is my settings.xml:
<settings>

   <profiles>
       <!--

          -->
   </profiles>

   <servers>
       <!--

          -->
   </servers>

   <mirrors>
     <mirror>
       <id>dotsrc.org</id>
       <url>http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>ggi-project.org</id>
       <url>http://ftp.ggi-project.org/pub/packages/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>sunsite.dk</id>
       <url>http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>planetmirror.com</id>
       <url>http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>lsu.edu</id>
       <url>http://ibiblio.lsu.edu/main/pub/packages/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>ibiblio.net</id>
       <url>http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2</url>
       <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
   </mirrors>

</settings>

Here is the output of mvn -e compile:
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Hermes Portlet
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository/org/hibernate/hibernate3/3.1.2/hibernate3-3.1.2.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository bajor-m2
(http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository)
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate3/3.1.2/hibernate3-3.1.2.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository/org/springframework/spring-context/2.0-m2/spring-context-2.0-m2.pom
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/org/springframework/spring-context/2.0-m2/spring-context-2.0-m2.pom
http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository/org/hibernate/hibernate3/3.1.2/hibernate3-3.1.2.jar
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate3/3.1.2/hibernate3-3.1.2.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

required artifacts missing:
   org.hibernate:hibernate3:jar:3.1.2

for the artifact:
   edu.jhu.library.hermes:msel-hermes-portlet:jar:1.0.5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   bajor-m2 (http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: required
artifacts missing:
   org.hibernate:hibernate3:jar:3.1.2

for the artifact:
   edu.jhu.library.hermes:msel-hermes-portlet:jar:1.0.5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   bajor-m2 (http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository)

	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:548)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
	at
	at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException: required
artifacts missing:
   org.hibernate:hibernate3:jar:3.1.2

for the artifact:
   edu.jhu.library.hermes:msel-hermes-portlet:jar:1.0.5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   bajor-m2 (http://maven.mse.jhu.edu/m2repository)

	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:251)
	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:211)
	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:182)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1120)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:369)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:531)
	... 16 more

Re: [M2] Trouble getting mirrors to work

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Sorry,

I forgot version information:
[esm@clue ~]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java
[esm@clue ~]$ which java
/usr/java/bin/java
[esm@clue ~]$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_08-b03)
[esm@clue ~]$ mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.2
[esm@clue ~]$

Thanks,
Elliot

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Again, responding to my own post.

I had the incorrect artifactId for hibernate.  However, M2 still doesn't
seem to be pulling from the mirror.  It is downloading hibernate and
hibernates transitive deps all from Ibiblio.

Elliot