Posted to users@directory.apache.org by bitsofinfo <bi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/21 19:58:07 UTC

ssha salt size

Connected to openldap, and would like to set a SSHA password with a 4
byte salt and can't figure out how to do this. Looks like directory
studio forces a 8 byte salt and assumes as much.

I have a directory with a mix of 4/8 byte salts and it works fine, but
dir studio seems to assume 8?

Anyway to adjust this?

Re: ssha salt size

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 21/06/2018 à 23:00, bitsofinfo a écrit :
> Doesn't this old ticket say otherwise?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1375

This is for ApacheDS, the server.

Studio uses the LDAP API, which has not -yet- been fixed.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org