Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by alex fernandez <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 11:39:39 UTC

Pivot and jfreechart

Hi,
I'm starting with Pivot and for us jfreechart is very important.
I've playing with the demo, and with the provider pivot-jfree-1.5. It looks
well, but I need not just a static chart.
Do anyone know how to represent  a dynamic chart(like memory usage, the
example shown in jfreechart library)  or any other type of dynamic chart in
PIVOT?

Thanks.

Re: Pivot and jfreechart

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I just added an example that demonstrates this to the pivot-jfree project. It produces the same pie chart shown in the other example, but does so programmatically rather than in WTKX:

http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/DynamicDataDemo.java
http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/dynamic_data_demo.wtkx

You can see the result here:

http://ixnay.biz/pivot-jfree/dynamic_data_demo.html