Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/17 18:35:40 UTC

Questions about MLT

I have an index of documents which contain these two fields:
<field name="city_id" type="integer" stored="true" indexed="true"
termVectors="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true"/>
<field name="categories" type="string" stored="true" multiValued="true"
termVectors="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true"/>

Using the MLT handler with similarity field as city_id works fine and as
expected, however with categories it does not work at all. I tried looking
at "interestingTerms" in the latter case and but the handler does not return
anything. Something to do with multiValued fields?
I am using Solr 1.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Avlesh