Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/05/03 08:24:39 UTC

Apache2::DBI

Hi All,

As you know a while back, I ported Apache::DBI to for mp2 RC5.

I haven't heard any feedback from it not even any complaints that it
doesn't work.. Though I'd say about 100 people downloaded the .tar.gz
from the access_log.

So my first questions is should I e-mail ask at something other then
ask@perl.org.

My second is what needs to be done to move Apache::DBI to SVN from CVS.

Third, if everyone is busy I could volunteer to upload it 0.96 to CPAN.

Thoughts ?

P.S.
   0.97 can incorporate Apache::Test into the test suite.
   rather then all of it at once.

--
END

Re: Apache2::DBI

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On May 2, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
> Philip,
>
> Could you send the changes as patches rather than as a substitute file?

Hi ask.  Thanks for the quick response.

http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI/0.94_0.96.patch

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci

Re: Apache2::DBI

Posted by Ask Bjørn Hansen <as...@perl.org>.
On May 2, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Philip,

Could you send the changes as patches rather than as a substitute file?

(As you probably know) the module is in CVS
at :pserver:anonymous@cvs.perl.org:/public/Apache/DBI/
(viewcvs at http://cvs.perl.org/viewcvs/cvs-public/Apache/DBI/ )

We will get it moved to the subversion repository.

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/

Re: Apache2::DBI

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Hi All,

Ask:
Please chime in with your thoughts here.  Thanks.

Per Stas's suggestion:
 > Philip, I suggest that you contact modules \at/ perl.org and ask to
 > give you the co-maintainer PAUSE perms, so you could release this
 > module. It's been months since Ask hasn't been replying to Apache-DBI
 > emails.
Whomever needs it, I can give my PAUSE/CPAN ids to offline.

 > As[k] Robert. The same Robert that gave you perms to the Apache::
 > modules, I've owned before :)
I think you already know my info Robert, but if not, let me know and I
can resend it.

Original e-mail below:

--
END

Re: Apache2::DBI

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
[CC'ing Ask]

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you know a while back, I ported Apache::DBI to for mp2 RC5.
>
> I haven't heard any feedback from it not even any complaints that it
> doesn't work.. Though I'd say about 100 people downloaded the .tar.gz
> from the access_log.
>
> So my first questions is should I e-mail ask at something other then
> ask@perl.org.

Yeah, Ask has been slacking on the maintainership duties :( Looks like
Apache::DBI just moved from busy people to even more busy people.

Philip, I suggest that you contact modules \at/ perl.org and ask to give
you the co-maintainer PAUSE perms, so you could release this module. It's
been months since Ask hasn't been replying to Apache-DBI emails.

Feel free to CC this list and forward this email to modules \at/ perl.org
so they will act upon it asap.

> My second is what needs to be done to move Apache::DBI to SVN from CVS.

As Robert. The same Robert that gave you perms to the Apache:: modules,
I've owned before :)

> Third, if everyone is busy I could volunteer to upload it 0.96 to CPAN.

Go Philip!

> Thoughts ?
>
> P.S.
>   0.97 can incorporate Apache::Test into the test suite.
>   rather then all of it at once.

Sounds like a plan!