Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2017/08/22 04:33:21 UTC

[OT] Getting new jobs by wearing T-shirts

Hi,

I just want to share an Apache related episode that happened yesterday:

When I went to ApacheCON Miami this year they were out of T-shirts for men,
so I took one in girly cut and gave it to my fiancee. Yesterday she wore it
when she went to the gym. A guy saw her wearing the shirt and he offered
her a job! When she told him, that she's not in IT and that she got the
shirt from me, he insisted on giving her his contact information. Looks
like I can now apply for a position as PHP Developer or Big Data Engineer
:o)

Cheers,
Benedikt

Re: [OT] Getting new jobs by wearing T-shirts

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
!!!WANTED!!!
  ALIVE AND
WILLING TO
    WORK

   APACHE
  PEOPLES

;-)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Very good idea Piergiorgio!

Jacques

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
What a great story!

^__^

It should be used for creating great article to spread out the power of the
Apache Community :)

PJ

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...Yesterday she wore it when she went to the gym. A guy saw her wearing
> the
> > shirt and he offered her a job!...
>
> ..."anyone who wears an Apache t-shirt must be excellent for the job
> I'm recruiting for" - that's the Power Of Apache ;-)
>
> -Bertrand

Piergiorgio Lucidi
Technology Evangelist and Chief of Enterprise Information Management @
Sourcesense
Mentor / PMC Member / Committer @ Apache Software Foundation
Community Star / Wiki Gardener / Global Forum Moderator @ Alfresco
Author and Technical Reviewer @ Packt Publishing
Technical Advisory Group Member @ Microsoft
Top Community Contributor @ Crafter
Project Leader / Committer @ JBoss
http://www.open4dev.com

Re: [OT] Getting new jobs by wearing T-shirts

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.