Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jeremy Torres <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/05 20:32:06 UTC

ClusterMetricsMXBean Stops Reporting Data

Production Setup:
Ignite Version: 2.7.0
JVM Info: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_77-b31);
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.77-b31, mixed mode)
OS: Centos Linux 7 (3.10 Kernel)
3 servers nodes in Ignite cluster
3 client nodes

Issue Observed:
Monitoring of ClusterMetricsMXBean properties getReceivedMessagesCount and
getSentMessagesCount no longer reports data.

Problem Overview:
* 2 of the 3 nodes stop returning data for the 2 metrics
* The nodes appear healthy and are processing as expected.  Specifically,
network traffic remains consistent
* Zabbix is used to monitor these metrics

Question:
If a server node stops reporting data, is it assumed to be unhealthy?  Is
this a known issue?  I've searched but couldn't find any related issues.

Thanks for your help.

Re: ClusterMetricsMXBean Stops Reporting Data

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

This is unexpected. Is it possible to create a reproducer project to
reproduce this behavior? Can you share it?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by torjt <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

What do you mean by "not reporting data"? Do you get zeros/nulls? Does the
operation hang? Maybe there are exceptions?

I remember there was the following issue about metrics:
But it's hard to trigger. Maybe, if you're using Zk discovery.

Ilya Kasnacheev