Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com> on 2016/01/10 23:21:14 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Shade Plugin 2.4.3 Released

Hi,

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
Maven Shade Plugin, version 2.4.3

The release contains 4 bug fixes.
Again we received contributions from the community in form of bug reports
and bug fixes.
Thank you and keep them coming!

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.4.3</version>
</plugin>

        Release Notes - Maven Shade Plugin - Version 2.4.3

<h2>        Bug
</h2>
<ul>
-         &quot;Access Denied&quot; on Windows because shade plugin seems
to try to open a directory as Zip-File
</li>
-         createSourcesJar with source:jar-no-fork causes sources.jar to be
deployed twice, causing the build to fail
</li>
</ul>

<h2>        Improvement
</h2>
<ul>
-         Clarify contract of ResourceTransformer wrt closing of streams
</li>
-         Update jdependency to 1.1 to fix resource leaks
</li>
</ul>

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Shade Plugin 2.4.3 Released

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
> I know but it has been done always this way, especially I adapted to this
> style what I have seen on PMC members
???
AFAIK, announcements are always sent as text (see announce archive [1]), and
that's the meaning of "(Copy Here Release Notes in Text Format from JIRA)"

Looking at your announcements, that's the first time I see that you copied html
content on every announcement you did: I completely missed this
misunderstanding.

I updated the vote template to add "styleName=Text" to release notes link:
this will ease copy/paste when transforming vote to announcement, and I hope
avoid such misunderstanding (without making the release procedure heavier)

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-announce/

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com>.
I know but it has been done always this way, especially I adapted to this
style what I have seen on PMC members, but I am open for human readable
text of course.
Do we need to change something in release process or to Vote for this
change, or just send it since now like Michael has proposed?
In the release notes
https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
this is written "(Copy Here Release Notes in Text Format from JIRA)". So we
should have a freedom to send the readable non-HTML text.
Not sure if goal changes:announcement-mail attached HTML form or not. I
prefer sending the email manually.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Tibor,
>
> you should rather add the plain text release notes. The HTML junk is
> unreadible now.
>
> Michael
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
> > Maven Shade Plugin, version 2.4.3
> >
> > The release contains 4 bug fixes.
> > Again we received contributions from the community in form of bug reports
> > and bug fixes.
> > Thank you and keep them coming!
> >
> > https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/
> >
> > You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
> >
> > <plugin>
> >     <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >     <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
> >     <version>2.4.3</version>
> > </plugin>
> >
> >         Release Notes - Maven Shade Plugin - Version 2.4.3
> >
> > <h2>        Bug
> > </h2>
> > <ul>
> > <li>[<a href='https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-171
> '>MSHADE-171</a>]
> > -         "Access Denied" on Windows because shade plugin seems
> > to try to open a directory as Zip-File
> > </li>
> > <li>[<a href='https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-195
> '>MSHADE-195</a>]
> > -         createSourcesJar with source:jar-no-fork causes sources.jar to
> be
> > deployed twice, causing the build to fail
> > </li>
> > </ul>
> >
> > <h2>        Improvement
> > </h2>
> > <ul>
> > <li>[<a href='https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-213
> '>MSHADE-213</a>]
> > -         Clarify contract of ResourceTransformer wrt closing of streams
> > </li>
> > <li>[<a href='https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-214
> '>MSHADE-214</a>]
> > -         Update jdependency to 1.1 to fix resource leaks
> > </li>
> > </ul>
> >

> > Enjoy,
> >
> > -The Apache Maven team

Cheers
Tibor

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Shade Plugin 2.4.3 Released

Posted by Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net>.
Tibor,