Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 23:04:19 UTC

multiple portals

Hi,

I've read the threads on hosting multiple portals. I have a couple of
questions regarding the same subject.First of all, if I am to use
subsites, is it possible to have different roles for each subsite? For
example different admin/manager/guest per subsite 1 and different ones
for subsite 2? (I couldn't find an answer on this one)

Secodly, instead of using subsites, is it all right to have portals'
data in different folders and define new roles for each folder? (for
example define admin1 and this role can only access folder1 with admin
privileges). Depending on which url is requested the user will be
redirected to the folder in which the portal data is contained.

Thanks in advance,

Elif

Re: multiple portals

Posted by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com>.
has this solution been implemented yet, if not how can I implement it,
I've read the documentation

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-profiler.html
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/design-docs/src/profiler/J2-page-manager-profiling.sxw
http://donaghy.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_donaghy_archive.html#115717649154931733

is there anymore documentation on the subsites ?

my usecase sinario is I have two websites, lets call them http://one.com and
http://two.com I would have one.com point to subsite and two.com point to
two.com the userbase would be for both websites but the user would see
whichever homepage they originaly requested ie, if they went to one.com they
would see the subsite homepage if they went to two.com they would see
subsite2 homepage. but they would only have to register once on either
website to get access to both. each website would have its own template and
set of psml files.
It would also be nice to still retain all of the profiling features of a
full blown jetspeed website like the users/roles/groups.

Is it currently possible to implement this with the current J2-dev version
of jetspeed. if not what do I have to learn or where do I have to look to
implement it myself.

Thanks,
Dominique

Re: multiple portals

Posted by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Re: multiple portals

Posted by Frank Stalherm <ma...@goodgulf.net>.
Hi David,

two questions:

Why would you limit this to the sub domain?

Am I right in assuming that I could implement such a resolver and add it
to the resolvers in assembly/profiler.xml?

Thanks,
Frank

Re: multiple portals

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: multiple portals

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: multiple portals

Posted by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot David... I have one more simple question (might be a
silly one after all that explanation of yours) regarding subsites.
What I understand is that an anonymous user is first directed to the
root. He's directed to the subsite depending on the profiling rule on
that particular user's role, is that right? (So in order to forward
his request to the subsite he must be logged in? Or using the
subsite-role-fallback-home rule can I also map anonymous users to a
subsite?)
Would it be possible to implement my own profiling rule which
redirects users to subsites depending on the requested URL? Is there
any tutorials on how to write a profile rule?

Thanks again...

Elif

Re: multiple portals

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.