Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Martin Lichtin <li...@yahoo.com> on 2019/01/28 08:59:58 UTC

Password-less login randomly fails

Hi, has anyone else seen this issue as well, or can reproduce it?
When using 'authentication by key' then sometimes Karaf still asks for the password,
i.e. it fails to log on using the key.
I can easily reproduce it with
   while true; do ssh -p 8101 -i karaf.id_dsa karaf@localhost date; done

This is Karaf 4.1.7.
- Martin

Re: Password-less login randomly fails

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I strongly recommend to not use DSA, OpenSSH client deprecated DSA key
support. RSA is better IMHO.

Regards
JB

On 30/01/2019 11:06, lichtin wrote:
> It seems to only happen with a DSA key, not with an RSA key.
>

> jbonofre wrote
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> I didn't notice that. Let me try to reproduce.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 28/01/2019 09:59, Martin Lichtin wrote:
>>> Hi, has anyone else seen this issue as well, or can reproduce it?
>>>
>>> When using 'authentication by key' then sometimes Karaf still asks for
>>> the password,
>>> i.e. it fails to log on using the key.
>>>
>>> I can easily reproduce it with
>>>
>>>    while true; do ssh -p 8101 -i karaf.id_dsa karaf@localhost date; done