Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/18 15:15:16 UTC

Revision 1181139

I'm wondering about the changes made in revision 1181139. According
to TAP5-1686 white spaces in directory names caused exceptions at startup.
In revision 1181139 I see URLDecoder.decode used to decode a path. I don't
see a reason for this change as URLDecoder.decode ignores white spaces.
Instead it causes exceptions on my machine. For example a path
like /var/folders/xm/xmeobzgIHBCzsfqT-6z1eU+++TI/-Tmp-/ any occurrence of +
is converted into a space which leads to a path
like /var/folders/xm/xmeobzgIHBCzsfqT-6z1eU   TI/-Tmp-/. This is the cause
of failing tests in ComponentInstantiatorSourceImplTest on my machine.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Revision 1181139

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
According to javadocs URLDecoder doesn't convert any spaces, so that I'm
wondering if URLDecoder.decode ever needed.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/URLDecoder.html

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Found it. I'm not sure ... seems like a damned if you do, damned if
> you don't.  Maybe we need a way to only enable that logic from inside
> Tomcat?
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Can you get me a log message or a Git SHA for this?  I'm not sure what
> > you are talking about.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Igor Drobiazko
> > <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'm wondering about the changes made in revision 1181139. According
> >> to TAP5-1686 white spaces in directory names caused exceptions at
> startup.
> >> In revision 1181139 I see URLDecoder.decode used to decode a path. I
> don't
> >> see a reason for this change as URLDecoder.decode ignores white spaces.
> >> Instead it causes exceptions on my machine. For example a path
> >> like /var/folders/xm/xmeobzgIHBCzsfqT-6z1eU+++TI/-Tmp-/ any occurrence
> of +
> >> is converted into a space which leads to a path
> >> like /var/folders/xm/xmeobzgIHBCzsfqT-6z1eU   TI/-Tmp-/. This is the
> cause
> >> of failing tests in ComponentInstantiatorSourceImplTest on my machine.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Igor Drobiazko
> >> http://tapestry5.de
> >>

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >
> > Creator of Apache Tapestry
> >
> > The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
> > learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
> >
> > (971) 678-5210
> > http://howardlewisship.com
> >

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship