Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by David Goldfield <dg...@asb.org> on 2014/05/01 15:44:50 UTC

Problem with OpenOffice 4.1 Crashing While Trying to Open Some Word Documents

OK, I'm going to assume that there may be something flaky with my installation and that this isn't some sort of bug but I'd like confirmation from one of you, if you wouldn't mind.
I have a copy of "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, a book in the public domain, and it consistently causes OO Writer to hang when I try to open it as well as some other big Word files.  It then says that Writer is not responding.
I have the file in my Dropbox folder, if someone else could verify that this is or isn't a global problem.
The file is at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcymw87tys9sw6f/little%20women.doc

RE: Problem with OpenOffice 4.1 Crashing While Trying to Open Some Word Documents

Posted by David Goldfield <dg...@asb.org>.
Thanks to both of you for these comments.  I'm ... not sure what's going on.  I could try to totally uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes a difference ...

Posted by Marcolongo <gi...@alice.it>.
No problem opening the file
AOO410m14(Build:9760)  -  Rev. 1573601
2014-03-03 17:47:48 (Mo, 03 Mrz 2014)