Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@digitalinsight.com> on 2004/05/07 17:37:20 UTC

RE: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates-what' s in a name?]

Antonio,

People who say Cocoon is "just" a web publishing framework are nuts.  We use
very little flowscript and find it to be a very powerful presentation
framework. I saw a comparison of various frameworks a while ago and Cocoon
easily came out on top except that it had no built in support for Business
Delegates. I spent some time and implemented that myself and Cocoon is
working great so far.

Ralph

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 07.05.2004 17:37, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Antonio,
>
> People who say Cocoon is "just" a web publishing framework are nuts.  We use
> very little flowscript and find it to be a very powerful presentation
> framework. I saw a comparison of various frameworks a while ago and Cocoon
> easily came out on top except that it had no built in support for Business
> Delegates. I spent some time and implemented that myself and Cocoon is
> working great so far.

+1 with business delegates Cocoon is indeed a nearly perfect
presentation framework. But for that use case we can strip down Cocoon
dist very much ;-) No database stuff, no ...

Joerg

Re: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates-what' s in a name?]

Posted by Leon Widdershoven <qa...@dds.nl>.
Compared to a full distributed application container it probably is "just".
In comparison with anything else it isn't.
And restarting your cocoon when adding a jar (cause you updated a
feature, removed
a bug, or added an application) will also not make larger sites very happy.

Leon