Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/20 08:56:10 UTC

Link to Xbean site

Should a link be added on the
http://geronimo.apache.org/subprojects.html page to the
http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean/ site?  Currently I don't think there
are any links to XBean from the Geronimo site.

The XBean poms also need to be updated with the new website address
instead of http://xbean.org

Thanks,

John

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:56 PM, John Sisson wrote:

> Should a link be added on the http://geronimo.apache.org/
> subprojects.html page to the http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean/
> site?  Currently I don't think there are any links to XBean from
> the Geronimo site.
>
> The XBean poms also need to be updated with the new website address
> instead of http://xbean.org

I'm in the middle of something right now, but if you file a jira on
this one, I'll do it when I'm done.  If you want to do it, that would
be cool also.

-dain

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 23, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I think it would be better to remove the "Subprojects" page (and
> the link to it from the "Development" section) and then just add
> the links to the "Subprojects" section just below it on the left-nav.

+1  I've suggested that before.

-David

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
FYI: There is a JIRA for XBean link, currently assigned to Dain:

John

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1  Lets just add a another bucket to the left hand navigation for
subprojects.

-dain

>>> Jacek

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Going directly to the subproject from the nav link (as Dain suggests)
would be consistent with how the Jakarta site works
http://jakarta.apache.org/

Paul

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I agree with Dain.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
navigation.xml is not used anymore... the site sources are kind of a
mess at the moment :-(

Needs to be added to xdocs/stylesheets/projects.xml

I'm cleaning it up a tad... but don't have the patience to tidy it
all up.

--jason

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think we should nuke the top-nav's link to the subprojects page.

--jason

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Also the Subprojects link in the left hand side menu still exists
when you click the Subprojects up top which I guess there are two
copies of the left-hand side menu, and if so, why?

On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:33 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> There is a slight error, the XBean link disappears if you click on
> Subprojects.
>
> On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>>> What I meant was that something needs to be included in the left-
>>> hand
>>> side menu about our subprojects - not pages per se, but
>>> references to
>>> appropriate home pages of these subprojects.
>>
>> Okay, I agree with this statement... and this is what I did, and it
>> should be live now:
>>
>>    http://geronimo.apache.org/
>>
>> If this is not what you meant, then please explain...
>>
>> --jason
>

> -sachin

-sachin

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Ya, because I nuked that page... not remembering it was used in the
top-nav too.

But, the site still has a copy of it... dunno how the /www/* sync is
done, but it appears to not remove old content.

--jason

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
There is a slight error, the XBean link disappears if you click on
Subprojects.

On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>> What I meant was that something needs to be included in the left-hand
>> side menu about our subprojects - not pages per se, but references to
>> appropriate home pages of these subprojects.
>
> Okay, I agree with this statement... and this is what I did, and it
> should be live now:
>
>    http://geronimo.apache.org/
>
> If this is not what you meant, then please explain...
>
> --jason

-sachin

Re: Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 7/25/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> > +1 to remove the page and -1 to remove it completely, i.e. what I
> > meant was to add a couple of direct links to their pages with no
> > description of what they are and such. Would that work for you?
>
> Um... remove the page, but don't remove it completely?  What on earth
> does that mean?

Yeah, I knew you'd not be happy with the response ;-) I alone wasn't,
so how I could anticipate you would.

What I meant was that something needs to be included in the left-hand
side menu about our subprojects - not pages per se, but references to
appropriate home pages of these subprojects.

(I think it's time to get some sleep and see how things work out
tomorrow. Dobrej nocy!)

(Sorry Jason for such an ugly day I brought to you today with my
answers that were not answers at all)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 7/24/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> Why do we need the subprojects page at all?  Each of the subprojects
> should have its own home page that describes what it is.

They have, but since they're subprojects or better yet - they're
connected we want to support one another and thus the references.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Link to Xbean site

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.