Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2001/02/26 18:15:44 UTC

XalanJ2 Woes

Hi,

I am using Xalan J2 with the Xalan 1 Compatibility wrapper
and get

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFa
ctoryImpl.java:813)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.createStylesheetRoot(XSLTEngineImpl.jav
a:522)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(XSLTEngineImpl.java:5
63)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.XSLTWrapper.compileStylesheet(XSLTWrapper.java:66)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.XSLTWrapper.compileStylesheet(XSLTWrapper.java:54)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.FileStylesheetCache$CacheEntry.readSheet(FileStylesheetCache
.java:121)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.FileStylesheetCache$CacheEntry.<init>(FileStylesheetCache.ja
va:108)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.FileStylesheetCache.insert2(FileStylesheetCache.java:75)
	at
de.coi.xml.xslt.FileStylesheetCache.get(FileStylesheetCache.java:51)
	at de.coi.servlet.XMLServlet.fetchStylesheet(XMLServlet.java:64)
	at de.coi.servlet.XMLServlet.doGet(XMLServlet.java:147)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:102)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:83)
	at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:296)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:121)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:238)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:157)
	at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is this another version of the Crimson, Jaxp classpath problem? If I have a
real problem, since in some other parts of the application I rely on Crimson
parsing a file :-(

Re: XalanJ2 Woes

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
"Nestel, Frank" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Xalan J2 with the Xalan 1 Compatibility wrapper
> and get
>
> Is this another version of the Crimson, Jaxp classpath problem? If I have a
> real problem, since in some other parts of the application I rely on Crimson
> parsing a file :-(

Well, it's actually the same version of the problm.  You'll have to get
rid of Crimson and Jaxp or place them later in the classpath.  Is there
something that only crimson will do that the current version of Xerces
will not?

Gary