Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Vancheri, Alessandro" <al...@hpe.com> on 2017/09/11 15:47:11 UTC

Cassandra support

Hello, I would like to know if James 3 can support data replication and distribution on a Cassandra repository.

Many thanks.

Alessandro

Re: Cassandra support

Posted by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com>.
Hi,

Cassandra naturally supports data replication, and homogeneous data
distribution.

In James 3.0 there is a Cassandra implementation for the mailbox, and
for most server components. However the Cassandra Mail Repository is not
implemented yet. You might have to use a FileMailRepository. However, it
might depend on your use case, but mail repository (which is not
mailbox) is generally not a critical component.

My company is currently using the Cassandra back-end for its Mail
Delivery Agent.

Cheers

Benoit Tellier