Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "alan.gerhard" <al...@gercom.com> on 2003/02/02 08:12:28 UTC

CIDR Notation

Hi -

I as looking onto the RemoteAddrInNetwork matcher and
noticed that it does not support CIDR notation.

An oversite or am I missing it somewhere ??

If not, I have written a class that validates a CIDR string
and tests weather or not an IP falls within the specified
range.

This came anbout when attempting to setup an ISP with 183
submets which allow emailing and well, ...

RE: CIDR Notation

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alan,

I don't believe that you are missing something.  It isn't an oversight, just
nothing that anyone got around to.  When I first picked up the code, it
didn't accept domain names, either.  I think I have some code for CIDR
around here somewhere, but never finished adding it to those matchers.

Actually, if you're going to do it, I suggest that you take those matchers,
factor out most of the code into GenericAddressMatcher, and then subclass
them for the specific behavior.  That'll make it easier to enhance them in
the future.

	--- Noel