Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Madhu Nair <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/05 02:29:47 UTC

Difference between transacted and jmstx

Hi,
I have a route that reads messages from a message queue and sends them
downstream to another application. If there is a failure on that
application side the message seems to get lost. I want the message to
be put back on to the queue if there is an exception.  I am wondering
if doing from().transacted() will give me the desired result since it
doesn't appear to be the case.

Or do I need to define the route as reading from the queue using the
jmstx mechanism i.e.

from ("jmstx:queue:....")

I read on both approaches and I am still not clear which one will give
me the desired result.

Thanks,
Madhu

Re: Difference between transacted and jmstx

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah transactions can do that, read more at
http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html
http://camel.apache.org/jms

And if you want to read from a book, then both the Camel cookbook and
Camel in Action has a full chapter devoted to transactions

--
Claus Ibsen