Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Giridhar Addepalli <gi...@komli.com> on 2011/04/27 08:27:13 UTC

generating crc for files on hdfs

HI,

How to generate crc for files on hdfs?

I copied files from hdfs to remote machine, I want to verify integrity
of files (  using copyToLocal command , I tried using -crc option too ,
but it looks like crc files does not exist on hdfs )

How should I proceed ?

Thanks,

Giridhar.

Re: generating crc for files on hdfs

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Giridhar,

Maybe this thread would be of interest to you:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/nIPU2Ocbr41/crc+hdfs&subj=Reg+HDFS+checksum

--
Harsh J