Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/05 09:14:00 UTC

New ZoneUpdater

Hi!

http://tinybits.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-and-better-zoneupdater.html

This week I needed more from the ZoneUpdater than it was able to deliver. So
I decided to rewrite it to support the new feature, cleaning it up in the
process. Please review my changes and tell me what you think :)

Anyone is welcome to suggest code that would make this mixin more usable and
feature complete. Like support for multi zone update.

Let's remind everyone of the JIRA once more. It's a bit dated, I've learned
a lot since then and I think some work has been done by the committers, but
we still need a more flexible client API.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-521

Re: New ZoneUpdater

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
As it turns out, there seems to be a bug with the zone component when using
update="fade" / visible="false". This caused the zone to just not display,
your js thus far seems to work.

Re: New ZoneUpdater

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Hi Inge, I recently switch to tapestry jQuery as well. Could you please tell
me how to upgrade the zoneUpdater mixin to use your code? Thanks.

Re: New ZoneUpdater

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
After applyting GOT5 tapestry-jquery in our project, ZoneUpdater was broken.
So I did some work to jQuerify it, and here it is:

http://tinybits.blogspot.com/2011/03/zoneupdater-jquery-edition.html